The Landscape Photographer’s Guide To Death Valley National Park
The name Death Valley conjures up images of inhospitable desolation, but those images couldn’t be further from the truth. Death Valley is a place of sublime beauty. With salt flats, sand dunes, colorful badlands, and dramatic mountain peaks, Death Valley has a lot to offer the landscape photographer.
Death Valley National Park is also quite expansive – the largest national park in the continental US. This size can be overwhelming to visitors who don’t know where to start, which is where this guide comes in. We want to help you make the most of a trip to the park by saving planning time and getting you to many of the park's best spots for photography.
Desert Paradise: The Landscape Photographer’s Guide to Death Valley National Park, is designed to be useful to all levels of photographers. And, the ebook is much more than just a location guide. It also features detailed sections on photography technique specifically applicable to Death Valley landscapes, and a large selection of portfolio-quality Death Valley images.
Desert Paradise Includes:
- Detailed information on 16 locations, ranging from classic Death Valley icons to off-the-beaten path places. Each location includes several photos, directions and, when applicable, GPS coordinates.
- Photography advice and techniques for Death Valley’s many landscapes, including tips on photographing salt flats, playas, sand dunes, badlands, abstracts, macros, black and white, and wildflowers.
- Over 150 photos highlighting the diversity of Death Valley’s landscape. Technical information (including exposure settings) is included for every photo.
- Travel information, including lodging and transportation basics, seasonal variations, weather, and potential hazards to help you get started in planning your trip.
- An additional 10 minor locations in the park are featured, as well as several other nearby locations outside the park including Mono Lake, the Eastern Sierra, and Valley of Fire State Park.
- Recommended gear and gear considerations for landscape and nature photographers.
- Maps highlighting every major location in the book, plus suggested itineraries from one day to several weeks.
- PDF format e-book, including 132 full-size high resolution pages, ready for viewing on your tablet, computer monitor, or phone.
Buy Together and Save at Least 25%
Location Guides Bundle - $29.95
Includes Forever Light: The Landscape Photographer's Guide to Iceland and Desert Paradise: The Landscape Photographer's Guide to Death Valley National Park.
What Our Customers Are Saying (See More Reviews Here)
sample pages from desert paradise
selected images from desert paradise
Below is a sample gallery showcasing a small portion of the images that are in this e-book. The e-book contains many more, at higher resolution, with directions and information for each. You can also see many more of the photographs we have taken on our Death Valley trips in our photography portfolios.